Featured Post

Comment Wall

Hello everyone. Feel free to use this post to get in touch with me if you have any general comments or questions.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Starting the Semester

The first thing I do beginning a semester is place every test, quiz, project, and assignment in a single digital calendar. It prevents things from sneaking up on me and making me feel stressed about the amount of work I have to do.

Image of Calendar, from DH Leonard Consulting

Also, the beginning of a Fall semester means a career fair for me, so I make a point to update my resume and reach out to my professional contacts in the Oil and Gas industry. I also suggest trying new study techniques (such as the Pomodoro technique) at the beginning of the semester. I have more time to try new things and recover from a bad grade if a study technique doesn't work for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment