Featured Post

Comment Wall

Hello everyone. Feel free to use this post to get in touch with me if you have any general comments or questions.

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Famous Last Words: Beginning Another Cycle

This week is the beginning of my next major round of tests and quizzes. I have a number of lab reports and projects due also, so the stress factor is really increasing right now. But, just like last time it will all be over in about two and a half weeks. Then I get to take a relative break again before finals. I will also (hopefully) be done with this class by then, so that should be a load off of my shoulder.

As far as this class is concerned, I read the Monkey King from the Chinese Fairy Book this week. I have never read any Chinese stories or fairy tales before, so this was a new experience for me. I don't know that I found it all that culturally relevant or interesting. I found this odd especially given how interesting I found the stories in Epics of India, which is fairly close to China geographically. Despite how much I loved Hanuman in the Ramayana, I just found this Monkey sort of predictable and boring. I also connected the Monkey King back to Indian Epics in another way, I ended up at Yoga while I was doing my Wikipedia Trail.

Hanuman, from Wikipedia
For my writing, I wrote a part II for my Puss in Boots story line. The cat certainly takes a greater number of actions to help his owner in this part of my story. This is in keeping with act II of the original story, where the cat cements his owner's reputation as a noble person to the woman he is courting and her father. The cat is my version does his best to ensure his owner stays hired at his new job. I hope you all enjoy it.

Finally, if you haven't watched West World yet, I highly suggest it. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment