Featured Post

Comment Wall

Hello everyone. Feel free to use this post to get in touch with me if you have any general comments or questions.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Week 8 Extra Credit Reading: The Brother's Grimm

This post will cover part A of The Brother's Grimm, translated by Margaret Hunt.

hansel_gretel_larissa_small
Hansel and Grethel, from An Idea
  • I am hoping that my familiarity with many of these stories helps me pick up on the important parts of the originals. I'm expecting these to be much darker than the "Disneyfied" versions. 
  • I'm not disappointed, I never thought Hansel and Grethel's parents would be abandoning them in the forest. 
  • I never expected Hansel to be the one outsmarting everyone. 
  • The Witch really has no since of subtlety, she could have masterminded this situation must better. Hunger will do things to a person. 
  • I do not think i have heard Thumbling before, so I hope it will be interesting. 
  • Thumbling is doing his best to irritate all the criminals of this town despite the fact that he could be broken like a carrot. 
  • I am also not familiar with Allerleirauh, hopefully it will hold my interest more than Thumbling. 
  • That was certainly a weird one. 
Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment