Featured Post

Comment Wall

Hello everyone. Feel free to use this post to get in touch with me if you have any general comments or questions.

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Week 8 Growth Mindset

Image result for growth mindset
From Choice Schools
I have a hard time committing to more creative ideas due to my fear of public failure. I don't have enough time to write a second story or go back to the drawing board if a story doesn't work out, so I tend to play it safe with my writing. This really matches up with more things on the left of the list than the right, unfortunately. I hope that by putting out some work in a receptive and friendly environment like this class will help me feel more confident about doing similar things in other places in the future. On the other side of the coin, I hope this class will make me more comfortable with giving critical feedback, because I also have trouble with this. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Andrew, I wanted to comment on your growth mindset post because I feel that I am in a similar boat when it comes to public fear of failure. Sometimes I feel that I have an idea that may work for a weekly storytelling but sometimes I will be pessimistic toward the idea because of this fear. I think I too will become more comfortable as I continue with this class though and I'm sure you will too. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete